Sweet Pea & Pearl Onion Pesto Smothered Zucchini Noodle

 
I have such a special treat for you today. Since I am in the final stretch of writing my manuscript (!!!), I’ve asked Julie from the Alkaline Sisters to take over this week. She’s created a gorgeous spring recipe for all of you who really need a bite of brightness (I figure that is anyone who has survived the polar vortex, am I right?). I’ve been a fan of Julie’s site for a long time now, but we met in person for the first time last summer and the serendipitous sparks flew! We’ve been online pals ever since. She is an expert on achieving alkalinity, and I’ve asked her to give us the low-down on this very topic. After curing her own health issues with an alkaline diet, she is sharing her inspiring journey and culinary creations on her beautiful blog. She also has a book in the works and I know it is going to be absolutely amazing! Can’t wait.

I will be back very soon, but in the meantime let’s all sit back and learn something from this very wise woman. Thank you Julie, for sharing your knowledge with us! What a blessing.

*   *   *   *   *   *

I’m so pleased that I could support Sarah by sharing a recipe with you today as she nears completion of her book.  I can only imagine the juggling that is happening as she cares for her wee babe in between wielding her heavy camera and cooking up some tasty business to style and photograph, not to mention the writing required to explain the recipe.  Lord knows I understand the process since I just recently handed my cook book manuscript in to my publisher, phew!

When we had lunch last summer we realized that we were both working with the same publisher, what are the chances of that?  We’ve both been feverishly working away on our cook books but I certainly didn’t give birth to a newborn baby as I worked thru the chapters of my book!  I swear Sarah has somehow acquired super powers as she’s hardly missed a beat here on the blog!  She’s managed to continually inspire you and I with a fabulous new recipe pretty much every week since she started the book, save for popping out a beautiful baby boy!  That’s more than I can attribute to since I took a bit of a hiatus from my blog to work on my book while caring for my family of 4, trying to stay sane and enjoy the journey.

So here I am, happily giving her a bit of relief so she can wrap up the final details of her book. Now she can focus, take good care of her precious family, knowing that you are inspired for yet another week. So


 sweetpeapearlonions



With Springtime making it’s way here I cannot delay to begin flavored the periodic flavors that I have skipped since last year.  Lovely organic beans always make me think of lighter sunnier days and the exploding veggies of aspiring plants.  I may be moving the gun on the spring pea year here, just a little, hahah but you will be grateful I did if you are a fan of sweet peas!  I’m unfaithful with freezing beans so please absolve me for my passion with the cause up to my preferred year.  Because my astrology is Aries, I come by it honestly:)

This delicious plate is a little bit raw and a little bit prepared, maintaining as many nutritional value in courtesy as possible. It’s type of a awesome combination for this in between year. And think what? It’s alkalizing too….well of course!   This Alkaline Sis here is satisfied to motivate you with a formula that will help you stability your alkalinity.  (If you are eager for a wee bit more information about the alkaline way of life study on below the formula.) This is a simple and fast formula to take together, even for lunchtime.

The pea pesto is made with a awesome part of beans that are activity loaded with nutrients that offer us with key anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory advantages. Peas also contain an amazing amount of wellness advertising omega-3 body fat by means of alpha-linolenic acidity or ALA as well as omega-6 body fat known as linolenic chemicals.  One cup has about 30 mg of omega-3 and 130 mg of omega-6.  As for proteins and fiber, organic beans package about 8-10 grms per cup.  These two macronutrients keep your glucose stages well controlled since they assistance the crack down of the organic carbs and carbohydrate food as they successfully go through your intestinal system.

Once believed of as being a starchy veggie beans are showing to be much more than that. They are efficient in decreasing our chance of serious medical concerns relevant to swelling.  And research has shown that swelling is at the main of most medical concerns, so eat your peas!  While you are at it, eat your zucchini and some red onion too!  All of these alkalizing vegetables in this formula offer the body with valuable cancer-preventive nutritional value.  You cannot go incorrect here so give this formula a try and see how you like it.